Sunday was a gloriously sunny day.
I set myself up on the front for a little dyeing.
I bought a dye kit from Earth palette, which is just outside of Gladstone.
Earth Palette dyes are made to dye over greasy wool
I dyed a Lucinvale fleece I bought from Wirrabarra.
I had a lot of fun and made a little mess.
The colours are very bright as I didn't wet the fleece but applied the dyes to the dry fleece!
I used a lot of dye, next time I'll wet the fleece first.
I used a salad spin to spin out a lot of the rinse water to allow the fleece to dry quicker.
The dark purple in this yarn I spun from a small amount of Grey Romney I also dyed.
It's the section of fleece in the bottom right of the navy towel
It's plyed with some left over singles I had rolled into balls.
3 comments:
ooooh that is such a great idea about the salad spinner!! filing that away in my head for future reference ;)
Ooh, I like that purple mix, nice
gorgeous colours
Post a Comment