Friday, 1 February 2008

Spider!



Why do spiders take up residence when your husband is away?

This "little" spider was 7 inches across! He's a Huntsman, they aren't dangerous just look fierce. But I didn't want him in my house. He was on the lounge room wall. We have 12 foot ceilings and Mr Huntsman was about 10ft up the wall, too high for me to catch and put out. I wasn't going to leave him there to wander around the house. I wouldn't know where he was and would be nervous for days. So as much as I dislike killing these harmless creatures he did get sprayed with the insecticide.

3 comments:

Fi said...

Ooh Tracey - I feel your pain! I have memories of standing on a step ladder with the old glass and piece of paper getting a monster huntsman out of the house too. One of my first duties as a newly single woman.

I hate killing them too - the only spiders I kill are redbacks and whitetails, and sometime little baby spiders by accident!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I saw a spider that size, and used the vacuum cleaner to get rid of the horrible creature. My daughter had left her sun hat on the floor, and it was the same size as the sun hat. Spiders belong outside, not in my home! I love spiders too, just not inside.

Mel :) said...

huntsmans really get to me, they are just icky!!! even looking at the pic makes me squirm. im always too afraid to catch them & i dont want to kill them so i just live in fear untill someone else comes to take it away. we get heaps around here!!!