Saturday, 2 January 2010

With a lot of help from my friends...

A couple of months ago I asked my friends at Crafty Mama's to make me a quilt block for a baby quilt. I wanted to have something special to celebrate the arrival of the new baby and also reminded me of the love and support I have received from the beautiful ladies at Crafty Mama's.
They have 'listened' to me cry and put up with my whining. they have encouraged me to craft and cheered me on with my designing. They are supportive, positive, accepting, non competitive and wonderful. My life would be a lot less fun and creative without them in it.


This is the quilt I made from the blocks they sent.
There is one blank block in the top, for me to embroider the name and date of birth on.
Some of the ladies sent more than one block and I appliqued some to the back of the quilt.
I backed the quilt with a flannel sheet, it's nice and soft.
I didn't put a wadding in as I want to use this as a wrap.
Being a summer baby a wadded quilt would be too warm.



Top row from left to right:
The rainbow blocks were made by Sara of Willow And Moo
Gemima made the soft toy applique block.
Helen made the vintage fabric block with embroidery detail.
Tracey made the 9 patch.

2nd row:
Blank block is for babies name and details.
Uta sent the block appliqued with the badge
Peta sent the embroidered tree block.
Marie sent the aplique tree block with seven leaves to represent my seven little ones.
Tas sent the pieced and appliqued heart block.

3rd Row:
The offset square block was sent by Tan
The turtle block was sent by Mandy
The Center block was sent by Kelly
The butterfly block is from Lissy
The giraffe is from Yvy

4th Row
Applique Tree block from Zofia. The seven leaves represent my seven children.
The ricrac block is from Gaylene
The Sun block is from picanini
The offset square is from Tan
The embroidery duck is from Mandy

5th row
Three little birds is from Amber
Square in a square is from British Gill.
Boy or Girl is from Gilly.


Many of the Mama's had never made a quilt block before.
I think some of them need to take up quilting they did a fabulous job!

I was rather hoping that baby was waiting for me to finish his/her quilt..but still no sign of baby!
I'm having another little Drag-0n.
All but one of my babies has arrived after their Expected Due dates.
I was hoping this little one would surprise me and arrive on time.

If baby doesn't arrive before Monday, I'm booked in for an induction.
So at most I only have two more days to wait!

11 comments:

Georgie said...

That looks lovely, Tracy, how special. Here's hoping baby decides to join you soon!

Gilly said...

So wonderful Tracy - what a special piece.

thornberry said...

Very special to have something made for you and bub with so much love and affection. Good luck for Monday but fingers crossed that bub makes a move on and appears before then!

Kristy said...

oh beautiful... what a thing to keep as well as being useful.

Sending you best wishes for the arrival of a very precious Little One... there's lots of people thinking of you ;)

xo

claire said...

Oh Tracy it looks great! I meant to send one to you, sorry.
Good luck for the next few days! I hope it stays cool for you :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow Tracy, I am a little chocked up over that quilt. You are very blessed and rightly so as you give so much to everyone else.

To all the contributors, it is such an excellent OOAK quilt!

Shell said...

Beautiful quilt and a wonderful job putting it together. So nice to have online friends for support and to chat too.

Here's well wishes coming your way for a safe delivery and a happy and healthy mom and baby. Can't wait to see if its a boy or girl and see you pics of mom and baby.

God bless Tracy,
Shell

Shelli said...

That looks absolutely GORGEOUS, Tracy! I miss the girls over at Crafty Mamas....must get myself back over there, sometime....once I am feeling a little better about myself.

Tas said...

You did a fantastic job Tracy. I am so pleased to be a little part of that quilt. Blessings for you and the new bub tomorrow.

Kelly Casanova said...

How wonderful to see all the pieces come together, well done!
Can't wait to see that delicious baby wrapped up in it!

Marie said...

It looks fantastic. What a conversation piece. I feel privelged to have been able to make a small contribution to the quilt for your little one.