Saturday, 8 May 2010

The best Apple crumble..

Rose and I baked some Anzac biscuits this morning. 
It was a case of too many cooks. 
We forgot to add the sugar!

Even with the golden syrup they were awful, to say the least.
Rather than throw them to the chooks I thought I'd try to save them.
I crushed up the biscuits and mixed in some brown sugar and sprinkled the mixture over a jar of pie apples. 
Back in the oven it all went.

The result was the best Apple crumble ever.

We've had a wonderful week here.
The highlight was the school sports day.
Go Red!!
Blue and Red tied for the cup and Yellow scored the spirit cup so every team was a winner!
The weather was perfect, the fans well behaved.
The sportsmanship beyond reproach.

I've not had much time for crafting.
I spent the week cooking, socialising and eating.

These were a big hit with the kids.
I've baked them twice as they disappear quick. 
Michael pushes a chair and steals them off the bench when I'm distracted.
The recipe is from Best Recipes -

Another winner were the Rock cakes:
Recipe from Best Recipes:

I believe it's as important to give as to take.
So I make the effort to leave a review and thank the author for putting the time and effort into sharing with me. 
A simple thank you can mean as much as a bunch of flowers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i thought the crumble looked good until i saw those cookies ... yummo Tracy and thanks for the links, well my tummy thanks you but my hips have other things to say ;-)

Anonymous said...

Fairy buscuits are on the list for today's cooking. They are sure to be a hit with the kids thanks for the link.

Toria said...

Your crumble success was a great comeback from the anzacs mishap, great idea. I've almost done the no-sugar thing - made some banana bread a few weeks back, was about to pour into the pans & decided to check the ingredients again. Then hurriedly added the sugar & hoped it would turn out okay.

Your fairy biscuits look yummy. You could vary them by leaving off the 100s & 1000s, adding a little dent in the middle with your thumb & putting a drop of jam in it. Or put a freckle lolly on them. Or use those coloured sugars instead. One batch of biscuit dough = several varieties of biscuits. Yum, I wonder if my kidlets would like a batch of biscuits today?

Tas said...

I love crumble. My fave dessert. The spin with the Anzac bickies sounds like heaven! I have taken note for future reference :)