Sunday, 9 May 2010

Happy Mothers' Day

My Mothers' Day Flowers

I was showered with handmade gifts and cards.
I had poems written in my honor.
With such memorable lines as ....
My mum is like a machine with her sewing
and my personal favorite...
My mum is as sleepy as a sloth

I was served breakfast in bed, after supplying fore mentioned meal to one 4 month old.
My not so secret vice for magazines was sated.
I received three knitting magazines.

But the best of all ......
Were the smiles, hugs and kisses. 
And the chorus of, 'we love you mum'.

This morning I had one of my 'brainstroms'.
I've come to realise that the secret of personal happiness is to make those you love happy.

Happy Mothers' Day

6 comments:

Tas said...

Lovely post Tracy. Happy mother's day, you sloth, you!

Gill - That British Woman said...

Happy Mother's Day to you to Tracy, you have a great bunch of kids.......

Gill in Canada

quilary said...

You sound like you had a wonderful day. My well known magazine vice was also satisfied with 3 quilting magazine to read the day away with.

Unknown said...

Sloth, lol kids can be so funny. Nice picture..you are very blessed and so are they.

Ali said...

Happy Mother's Day. I am so glad you had a lovely day. Pity about the witching hour though.

Bev C said...

Hope your day was extra special. Happy Monday.
Bev.xoxo