Monday, 20 February 2012

No idea!

Self revelations come on my runs.

Today's was a relatively short run for me at 4kms. I'm not a fast runner, yet. I'm getting there with the distances. I enjoy my runs so much that I get out of bed at 6am to do them! Today's run was great, I did some good times in a couple of my 1/2km splits.

12 months ago I would of laughed at anyone who told me I'd be happy to get up at 6am to go run. Some days I squeeze in a second run after dinner.

Today's run revelation was that I have no idea, no idea of what I am capable of! Twelve months ago I would of told you I couldn't run for 1 min, let alone an hour. Now I run almost 2 hours!

I've come to see that my only limitations are the ones I set for myself. That by thinking "I can't" I'd fulfilled those limitations.

I'm happy to say I have no idea of what I am capable of. I'm so looking forward to finding out what I can do, no longer hampered by the self doubt and negative self talk.

No comments: