Monday, 2 July 2007

1932 Soaker


Without the cuffs and tie added.

With cuffs and tie.

Knitted from here

I used 12 ply Country by Cleckheaton and 5.5mm needles on the body and 4mm needles on the cuffs.
I used a 100gms of the red and 30gms of the green.
They knitted up quickly, taking about 6 hours to complete.

The finished rise is 48cm (19 inchs)

I used the same number of stitches as the pattern (52) and knitted up 52 stitches on each of the cuffs.

I think it's too big for Lilly. The stretch is HUGE on these. May re-try with an 8ply wool and see how that works.

Lilly has large thighs and I like that you can easily adjust the leg holes to suit the size. I did this pair with a lot of stretch in the leg as I don't like them too tight.

No comments: