Friday, 9 November 2007

Preparing for Baby



I made myself a nursing pillow using the instructions from Sleeping Baby I made the cushion out of calico and the stuffing came from some old pillows. I also made a cover, in which I added a lapped zipper. Next time I get to Spotlight I'll look for some nice Minkie to make an extra cover.



I also made myself a poncho for breast feeding. I made it from a sheer fabric. I'll be able to see baby for latching and baby can see me. The pattern of the fabric will provide both of us with some privacy. I thought a poncho would be easier to manage than the blanket I usually use when Breastfeeding in public. And because it is so light it rolls up tight and won't take up too much room in the nappy bag.

4 comments:

Mel :) said...

not long to go now! i love the nurseing pillow! very cute design on the fabric. & the breastfeeding poncho is a great idea.

Jo Raines said...

How exciting to be preparing for a little one. Mine are now 17, 15 and 8 but I well remember those days.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy :) I love the pillow. I sent you an email a few days ago I think...not sure if you got it? Also, I have an award for you on my blog :D

Mel :) said...

i have one for you on my blog too :D

not long to go now!!!