Friday, 8 August 2008

Day One - Our Journey to Tennant Creek

We set off on the long drive from SA to Tennant Creek. Six kids and all the luggage.



A roadside stop north of Pt Augusta SA.
We took every opportunity to get the kids to burn off some energy.


One of the amazing Salt Lakes between Pt Augusta and Glendambo


A Quick Fuel stop


We camped a 100kms south of Coober Pedy the first night.

I worked out I must have done the journey between Alice Springs and Adelaide in the 16 years I lived in The Northern Territory about 24 times! As per normal the stretch between Pt Augusta and Coober Pedy the wind howled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had never seen salt bush and real barrenness until a trip to Port Augusta a couple of years ago.
Not a town I could chose to live in.
But an interesting experience to visit.
Liked the trip down to Quorn.
Glad you are safe home.
Sounds like you are doing your own flylady. I was one of her original 50 fly babies when she began years ago and she was going to stop at 100.
She didn't and her purse did well out of the organization. But some of her ideas are classic.
I especially like to leave all my kitchen benches tidy. Especially before I go to bed.
I have not yet been obedient to the put on your shoes in the morning while I know it would help.
There are limits. Vbg.