Wednesday, 27 August 2008

Pedal Power


Road train!
I love reading other peoples blogs. I get so many great ideas and inspiration from them. Mandy recently bought one of these handy kiddie Trailers for her Bike. I really loved the idea and had to get one too. We found one in K-mart at Pt Pirie. This one is rated to carry 45kgs. Easily accommodating Lilly and Michael. The plan is to use it for taking Lilly to preschool, when she begins next term.

It's been a long time since I rode a bike and my muscles were screaming within 50 m of riding! I am so unfit. I once could ride 10kms, doing a circuit around Tennant Creek. Out through Peko Rd , along the Warrego road and back into town along the Stuart Hwy. Now I'm huffing and puffing to make it around the block.

I'll have to build up the fitness before I can take Lilly to preschool. I'll start with just a couple of small rides in the service road before I venture onto the main street.

My bottom is also hurting. Bike seats are not comfortable.


Lilly and Michael are loving it!

2 comments:

Tine said...

It is a great workout, and the kids love it! I have this kind of bike for our 2 children http://sodeste.blogspot.com/2008/04/finally-spring.html And ride it 10 km a day monday through friday, bringing the kids to and from daycare!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good "work".