Friday, 21 November 2008

I went op-shopping, What did you see? I saw...

1
Newnes Home Management by Alison Barnes Vol1 and 2 in the original slipcase. I think they are late 1950's or early 60's
I picked them up for $2!

Full of wonderful practical advice on how to give parties and grow your own smokes.


How to spray your home for pests with DDT!!! And every woman need to know how to be the home psychologist.


And the right way to 'turn out' a room.

These books are a treasure. There's sections on cooking, dressmaking, knitting, babycare, decorating, tax, weight management, budgeting and on and on it goes.


Also 2 meters of this bright and cheery print. It's a heavy cotton. A cool nappy bag?


Lot's of hand embroidered doilies and a christmas tin.


This amazing Duchess Set. Hand embroidered and tatted. It's so beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The butterfly doilies are beautiful! Can you tell me all about your new machine - I have never heard of a CoverPro. Happy soon Birthday!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

OP-Shopping It never ceases to amaze me that more people don't use the opportunity shops in their towns suburbs. They are simply a treasure trove of wonderful products,I think of them as my very own aladins cave, and they have saved my family a fortune over the years.
-------------------------
kesha
Influncer