Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Playing with my new toy


Size 8
Cotton knit - found at the op-shop
Made on the overlocker and cover machine.
The cover machine finishes as it hems.


Size 4
Cotton knit - found at the op-shop


Size 5
Cotton knit - found at the op-shop

Lilly likes her new dress.
I made a short t-shirt and added a skirt. I did try gathering on the overlocker but that was a disaster. I used the sewing machine to gather and the overlocker to attach the skirt to the T.
Next time I'll make the skirt longer :)

This is a great site with lots of information on what a coverstitch machine is and what it does. I'm still using my machine as it came straight out of the box. Will have to play with the settings next. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely sewing. I have never heard of a coverstitch machine before so I'm glad for the info - I was curious!
You are so prolific - how do you do it??
Happy Birthday!
-Tracy