Apply the bias to the back (wrong side)of your fabric.
Open up the bias and line the edge with your raw edge to be bound
Sew along the fold of the bias.
(you can click on the photo to get a better look)
An option for this method is to use a decorative or zigzag stitch to catch the bias down.
Pro's
Quick
You can see as you sew that you are catching the binding down. Unlike with the method 3.
Con's
If you aren't good at sewing a straight line it looks messy.
The stitching is clearly visible on the binding.
Quick
You can see as you sew that you are catching the binding down. Unlike with the method 3.
Con's
If you aren't good at sewing a straight line it looks messy.
The stitching is clearly visible on the binding.
1 comment:
Tracy, I've been reading through these quickly, so might be commenting on the wrong method, but I was going to say that I use foot #10 and line the blade up with the edge of the bias and then I move the needle over however far I want the stitching to be. Works really well with bias. This is how the lady at the Bernina shop told me.
Btw, FANTASTIC tutes!!! It is so useful to have all that info in one place.
Post a Comment