Sunday, 10 May 2009

Mother's Day

I had a beautiful Mother's Day.

My children brought me breakfast in bed. I was showered with handmade cards, with poems that made me cry. Handmade gifts of a mug coaster and a pencil with a face on top decorated with grey hair like mine. I was given craft magazines to curl up in bed and read. Quilting books to inspire me and fabric to stroke and admire. Everything was so beautifully and thoughtfully chosen.
Fern made me a cup of tea, after being taught how to make one by Pete the night before. She's very proud of her tea making and has been offering me cups of tea all day.

I'm very blessed to be a mother.

Liam's poem

I have a Secret....

My mum has God's hands, she gives me hugs with them.
My mum has God's ears, she hears me sing a song.
My mum has God's eyes, she sees me playing DS when I'm not supposed to.
My mum has God's body, she grew me in her tummy.
My mum has God's mouth, she tells me to eat my beans so I am healthy.

There have been a lot of posts on blogs today about Mother's day.
You must go read Stitch Sista Sit's, Stich Sista Knits. This one has touched me the most. I think I could have written it. It made me cry, it is so honest and truthful and comes from a true mother's heart. Thank you for writing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liam's poem is so beautiful.