Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Kwik Sew 3327 It's a tent!


I decided to make up the long sleeve View of Kwik Sew 3327
I worked a Full bust adjustment as shown above.

FBA Tutorial Links:
isew.co.uk
timmelfabrics
FBA on a wrap style top
FBA on raglan T - also index of links to different types of FBA
Video Perfect Sew and fit
Craftstylish


I decided to increase the pleat at the center font too.

Now doing both these adjustments resulted in a dress way too big!
It's a tent. It always was a tent!
This design is never going to flatter me.
I just threw out a pile of clothes that don't look good on me.
I seem to be drawn to tents!
It gives me no shape at all and makes me look bigger than I am.

My main mistake with making the FBA is adding too much.
Because I'm a G cup I added 2.5inches and this really was way too much to add.
The tutorials listed above recommend around half an inch for each cup increase.

All is not lost.
I've learned I don't need to add so much to a FBA
I've learned that just because a design has a feature I like ( nursing access) doesn't mean it will suit me.
I've learned that making a muslin is a GREAT idea.
I now have three very handy nightgowns I can feed in.
The long sleeve version will be great in the winter.


1 comment:

willow and moo said...

Good call. Give the tents a miss.

You need to look fabulous!