Saturday, 28 August 2010

New old Bread tins

I had some fun yesterday.  Wendy came to visit from Adelaide. We went  to explore the op shops between here and Port Pirie.

I've been searching for bread tins for a few weeks and yesterday I found some in an Antique shop in Crystal Brook.

I was so excited I had to scrub them clean and oil them up and make a batch of bread last night. Made for a late night!


But the results were worth it.
I'm using the Lauke Multi-grain bread mix.
I have tried making bread without a bread mix but I've not had a lot of success.

3 comments:

Kelly Casanova said...

What a brilliant find, your bread looks very authentic.

Kat said...

Tracy - those loaves look unbelievable! Great find :)

Unknown said...

Looks scrummie. Tell me did you take off a slice while it was still hot? I would have LOL, no matter the time. ;-)