My kids go through phases with cereal. One week they love weet-bix and then they won't touch them for ages. Same with Rice bubbles. I've had a pack of rice bubbles sitting in the cupboard for a while and they need to be used up.
A little web search and I found this post on Realmums.com.au. Looks like a fabulous forum. I've not come across it before. As the poster has no idea where this recipe comes from and it's probably one of those recipes that has been hanging around forever, I'm not going to feel too guilty reposting it here. I'll at least rewrite it for you and acknowledge where I saw it.
Rice Bubble Slice
125gms of butter
2 Tsps of golden syrup
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of coconut
5 cups of rice bubbles
In a large saucepan melt together the butter, syrup and sugar. And cook for a few minutes. Be careful not to burn. You are making a caramel so let it boil without stiring for a couple of minutes so its nice and thick and sticky.
Take the pan off the heat and stir in the coconut and rice bubbles.
Press into a paper lined dish and put it in the fridge to cool.
(you can sprinkle a little extra coconut on top, if you wish)
(you can sprinkle a little extra coconut on top, if you wish)
Once cool take it out the dish and with a sharp knife cut it into small squares or rectangles.
It will be very crisp and yummy and moorish ......
I think this is going to be a hit with the kids. It's so simple to make. I'm wondering if I can do the same to the half pack of Cheerios and Cronflakes.
4 comments:
I like making chocolate crackles and mars bar slice with rice bubbles. Maybe this will be just as good.
You obviously have the exact same cereals in the cupboard as me ;).
I think my kids would like this too. I made the mistake of buying coco pops last week when my son wasn't feeling well - guess what they want all the time now?!
Looks Yummy...I might have to give it a go too.
Oh, I LOVE coco pops but I won't buy them coz I know my kids will want them all the time then too!
Post a Comment