I bought the fiber form Ewe Give Me The Knits.
It's Ashford 20% Silk 80% Merino, in the Juniper colourway
I'm not sure what I'll make with it.
It has a beautiful drape and luster from the silk.
It's spun at 14 wpi making it a fingering weight yarn
156 meters
2ply
I'm really excited by my spinning progress.
Still so much to learn.
I find it very relaxing, it's one of those crafts that is hypnotic once you start.
I think I've almost caught up with most of the projects I've complete in the last couple of months.
There's still Fern's Jumper but I'll have to wait until that's washed and we have decent weather for me to take some photos of it.
I've got Pete's socks on the needles.
I'm currently spinning up some EL X Merino fleece.
In the grease and from the fold.
I'm even using all the lingo these days and understanding it.
I've 3 plied some of it and back to spinning singles.
I need to invest in more bobbins I only have 6.
I'm building up a lot of handspun I better start using it!
I'd really love to find a craft I could specialise in and get really good at.
I do so many, I'm a reasonable tradesman in most, but none at the master level.
1 comment:
I look forward to your many creations ...
Post a Comment