I'm preserving the beetroots in vinegar, water, sugar and spices with my Fowlers Varcola unit. Lilly likes to help. My hands resemble Lady Macbeth's! I should have worn gloves. I've found a site which will be great for helping me dye fabric with beetroot at Pioneerthinking.com
We also have a walnut tree in the garden :D I see some more dyeing happening. I may even let the kids play with me.
4 comments:
what an amazing person you are Tracy and an inspiration to all.
I hope you saved the greens and cooked them for dinner!
Lilly is a cute Mom's helper!
Oh, natural dying! Such interesting things you do. I haven't done any of that in a long time. At first, when you said beetroots, I had visions of you canning those stringy bits on the bottom of the beets! Good thing you included a picture for me!
Love your blog! Youare so creative, enjoyed reading about all your projects, and the kids are adorable!
Post a Comment