
Nan's Chocolate Cake
When I was 10 my Nan came to stay with us for a few months. My Nan lived in Wales and we live in Australia. I have many fond memories of my Nan. She loved to bake and cook for us.
My mum recently gave me her old recipe book. Inside on one of the fly pages Nan had written down her chocolate cake recipe. I baked it for Fern's birthday cake. It turned out beautiful.
Nan's Chocolate Cake
1 cup of SR Flour
1 Cup of Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1/2 cup Milk
Over this pour three tablespoons Melted Butter
Beat for 3 minutes
Bake in a shallow tin at 180c for 50minutes.


5 comments:
Gosh that is pretty much my mum's chocolate recipe too :). If you have a copy of the ABA (NMAA) red cookbook, then look up the 'simplicity chocolate cake' recipe and snap again :). It is a fantastic recipe isn't it and it never fails. Another good variation is omit the cocoa, add 2 more tablespoons of flour to make up for the cocoa and then add juice and rind from one orange. YUM.
YUM! It looks really delicious!
What a lovely post; just look at those children's faces. You are making sweet memories for them, too.
Yum, looks delicious, and sounds easy to make.
Happy birthday Fern.
those old recipes are often the best....it looks yummy, I especially love the smarties on the top!!!
Gill
Post a Comment