
I stayed up sewing last night and created these little skirts.
I made up the pattern, so easy just two squares of each fabric rainbow chiffon and pink Voile.
3 inch circles and a split are cut into the squares.
The waistbands are simply ribbing.
I got friendly with my overlocker and used the rollhem to finish off the hems.
I even discovered how to tie on the new colour threads to make it easier to thread the overlocker.

My beautiful fairies. Are very happy with their skirts
They were so excited when they saw them this morning.

Fairies need to dance to make those skirts swirl.
I bought the Voile in a special buy with Craftymamas and the chiffon came from Spotlight.
5 comments:
They are so cute Tracy and your girls look beautiful in them.
Wow, absolutely gorgeous and a terrific tutorial!
Pretty little fairies indeed! Aren't those skirts just gorgeous!
These are just lovely. Both the garments and the girls.
Clever sewing. I used to love to make up knitwit patterns with all sorts of variations. Mind you I was about 6 sizes smaller then..now I am not prepared to put in all that work and hate it when I put it on.
I have just been virtuous and ironed pillowslips. Got a friend to help me make my bed last night. Talk about being a user but it is so much easier. So now have a nice back ache but 6 pillow slips, one ham bag, several hankies and one lining for a bag I am making out of scraps. I should be making the actual bag.....but typical me..the made up scrap one is more fun.
Tracy that is such a lovely picture. I am back looking at this post as I am making a pirate skirt for Lulu and thought about your tutorial.
thanks for the work you put into your blog!
Post a Comment