Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Modest swimwear pattern


I bought a pattern to make this swimsuit last year.
I finally got around to making it up.
The pattern is from Modest Swimwear Solutions
Being a bigger girl I like my swimwear to cover me.
Plus I'm photo sensitive and react with a rash to sun exposure.
The pattern went together easily and you just need a sewing machine to make this swimsuit.
The swimsuit does not have an attached bra so I'm going to make a simple crop bra out of the remains of the lycra, as I need a bit of support.


Hey Look Mum .. I'm a swimwear model!!

9 comments:

Bec said...

WOW!! It looks lovely on you! My aunt is sending me one for x-mas, cause she knows I have issues with support too. She is larger than me and last time she saw a nice comfy set she bought 3 so she had one for me!! I love the blue on you too!
P.S I am writing to Charlotte Dawson to tell her we found "Australia's next top model"!!

Unknown said...

Tracy I am wondering if you did this on the new machine? I have some lycra here that I bought for something and did not use but I thought it might be tricky to sew? Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Love it! The blue looks fantastic too.

Gill - That British Woman said...

that looks really lovely on you, well done.

Gill in Canada

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! I want one

Lucky-1 said...

Looks great, I haven't worm bathers since before the kids were born... Well done:D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ruchi said...

Hey.. I was also looking for a modest swimsuit..Your's looks really great..Congrats on the success of this..it's beautiful :) can u pls share me the sewing pattern..thanks in advance..

Becky said...

Yours looks real nice... I bought mine (paid the big bucks), now wishing I would have followed your lead and made it myself, mine bunches up in the torso. Did you experience any complications with the pattern?