
Commissioned Quilt Finished
My last one before xmas.
60 inches square
Quilter's cotton top and back. Polyester batting
Quilted with a verrigated rayon thread in the top and a cream polyester in the bobbin.

You can see the quilting better from the back.
I quilted it in the ditch around the blocks using my walking foot. The blocks are quilted with a butterfly design using my machines darning foot and I freemotion quilted the border with a mix of hearts, butterflies and flowers.
It does look better in the flesh. In the photo it looks pulled but it's not.
I need to learn to use my camera better and to use photoshop!
This is the first quilt I have sewn the binding down completely with the machine.
I prefer it hand done, but machine is quicker and looks almost as good from the front.
7 comments:
It's so beautiful Tracy! I bet it's hard to part with that quilt!
That is amazing. Someone will feel very special wrapped up in that quilt. And the butterflies are so sweet. Very special, I agree with Sara it must be hard to part with. Do the kids ever want to keep something you are making for someone else?
Hi Tracy,
Thanks for dropping by, I've joined up for the 4seasons swap too. It's the first time I've done that one, I thought the single colour sounded like a fun challenge. I like your quilt too. I always hand sew the binding down on the second side too, I think it looks much neater.
Looks lovely Tracy. Is this the one you had the fabrics for a few weeks ago but couldn't decide what to do? It turned out great.
That is so lovely, and the quilting is fantastic!
Beautiful work! You are really powering through sewing at the moment, and it is all lovely. How do you find the time with all those kids! And tutorials as well - thanks again for sharing. I am reading even though I don't always comment!
So glad you got your inspiration and finished it. It is lovely and some clever quilting there.
I have been lazy and there are two waiting at the long arm lady to be picked up.
Do you ever wash your quilts before you hand them over. I always wash them in the machine and put them through the dryer and then tell the recipient what I have done so that they can see the quilt is meant to be used. I also like the look it gives to the quilt. Just a thought.
Post a Comment