Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Doggie Doo Dudes


A dog nappy for Scruff.

Scruff is having a hard time settling in to the household. Apart from her indiscretion killing the duckling she also has another problem. She's a secret popper and piddler.
She obviously knows she's not supposed to piddle and poop in the house because she looks very guilty when she's caught and she hides it!

She never 'tells' us she needs to go. Even thought I let her out often to do her business she will still piddle and poop under the beds, stove, behind doors, shower and other places where she can hide.

I'm getting pretty exasperated with her. She's obviously smart and I've had enough! So I sat down tonight and designed her a nappy. When she's in the house she'll be wearing it! I'm hoping this will discourage her from piddling and pooping in the house.


This is my first attempt at making a dog nappy.
I'll see how this one works before I make another.

3 comments:

Janeen Rose said...

you are awesome! Ive thought this for quite some time now, but this takes the cake! My little Piper is a secret piddler too. So bad that we bad to get new carpet two weeks ago. Since then she has been spendin less time in the house & when she is in I spend all my time following her around. We joked about dipers but this is even better!
If it works well. I would love to try to make one (tutorial) or buy one :)

Therese said...

that is one thing I have been very grateful for. Our dog always hangs on until he is outside. He will even scratch the door if he needs to go.

I hope this works for you.

Mel :) said...

oh what a pain!

the nappy looks fab - what a great idea!