Friday, 6 March 2009

Pot Holders

I'm in a swap hosted by the Down To Earth blog.

So I'm doing some research for pot holders.

Here's the list of links I've come up with:
Sewn
Simple Pot holder
Crazy Patch pot holder
Oven Mitt
Basket potholder
Oven Mitt
Quilted Pot Holder
Six vintage pot holders
A Big List of links here - some I'd already found ;)
Free patterns and Here too
About.com sewing
Made from Jeans
Folded star potholder - an Aussie blog - that I just added to my reader!
Chicken shaped folding one from Tip nut
A simple on on another great blog - PDF on the right
clever washcloth potholder - a photo on flickr
pocket style potholder
Kitten one - very cute
Pieced pot holders- another tip nut
cup cake embroidered potholder
Patchwork potholder
Oven Mitt
Oven and Finger mitts
Oven Mitt Tutorial
Hot Stuff - basic potholder
Crocodile type on Burdastyle

Crochet
Piggy Potholder
Crochet Pattern Central - HUGE list
Tip-nuts Six Vintage crochet porholders
Freepattern - lots of nice ones here
Poinsettia Potholder
Fish shaped ones - really cute
Diagonal crochet potholder - this one I've made a couple of times a favorite
Rooster - So Cute
Frankenstein - one to scare the kids with
Hand strap Potholder -looks clever

Knitting
How Stuff Works
Lion Brand - needs registration
Knitting Pattern Central

After all this surfing I think I may have to make my own up!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

That is an impressive list! Knitted washcloths/dishcloths make good pot holders, too.

BTW I've tagged you http://bowenvale321.blogspot.com/2009/03/seven.html

willow and moo said...

Oh very useful Tracy. I seriously need to make myself some potholders. My old ones have holes or weak spots in them. I've been using my tea towel for ages now. LOL