Sunday, 13 September 2009

Easiest Crochet Soaker Ever


This is a free Crochet Soaker Pattern
It's very simply crocheted as a flat rectangle, folded and seamed.
I picked up stitches around the leg openings and knitted a rib cuff.


The rise of the soaker can be folded down to fit a smaller baby.


Crochet creates a denser fabric which is great for night nappies.
The yarn is Knittery Merino and I hand dyed it.
The soaker took just under 100gms.
It worked up very quickly, I finished this in a day!

5 comments:

Crochet Diva said...

Oh, it turned out lovely! Thanks for sharing!! Your leg cuffs look great, too! :)

Toria said...

That's cute. And sounds like an easy enough style that even a beginner crocheter like me would be able to manage it. Pity I'm not having any more children, but maybe a friend would like one.

Justbecauseitmakesmesmile said...

Looks really good!
I'm about to try it myself!

Liz said...

I've just found this via a google search and it's exactly what I was looking for - however the link to the pattern seems broken :(
I love the idea of this blog too, by the way - I only have one baby but already the idea of a lovely place where things are finished is very appealing! Keep it up :)

Tracy said...

The link has been changed... I did a search and found it has moved to here http://crochetcastle.blogspot.com/2009/04/easiest-crochet-wool-soaker-pattern.html