Saturday, 26 September 2009

I spun the yarn and knitted it too...


This is Alpaca that I bought from Moseley Park.
It was the first installment of the Natural Fiber club.
This is the first time I had spun Alpaca.
If learning is measured by the number of mistakes we make, I learned a lot!


Pattern : Snuggle Cowl
Yarn : My handspun Alpaca
I knitted it up into a cowl. A cowl is used like a scarf to keep your neck warm.
If I'd made it longer I could of pulled it up to cover my head too.
I've really enjoyed wearing a cowl I find scarfs too 'dangly'.
Alpaca is incredible warm, particularly useful right now.

4 comments:

Vic said...

Smarty pants!! :D

zofia said...

very cool. I love the colours.

Tas said...

Oh, such warm colours- gorgeous! (and that coming from a gal who doesn't like brown as a rule)

Kat said...

Very nice!