I should of taken a photo before I darned this so you could of seen the three huge thread bare tears Fern had in this skirt. It's her school uniform. I had scraps of the school uniform fabric which I backed the holes with. I then loaded my machine with a navy thread, put the darning foot onto my machine and had some fun thread painting! I don't do it by the rules. I leave my feeddogs up when I darn. I like the extra grip. I do the same when I freemotion quilt.
As you can see there's more darning in sections than fabric! Time to make another skirt, I was rather hoping we'd get through to the end of term as this is her winter uniform and next term they are back into their Summer uniforms. I would of then made her a new skirt next year and would not worry about her out growing a new skirt!
1 comment:
Pity about having to make a new one now, I know exactly what you mean about hoping things last until the end of term.
What pattern do you use for it? It looks like the same design as my daughter's school skirt. I can buy the fabric locally, but not the pattern, so if you can give me the name & number of the one you used, I might be able to make Niamh's & save some money.
Post a Comment