Tuesday, 25 August 2009

Felted Beads


The girls and I had some fun before dinner tonight.
We made some felted beads from wool.
We used the directions from the Knitty site.


We'll make a few more and then we have to wait for them to dry so we can string them.
These were easy enough for Lilly to make.

We're planning on making some felted pictures next.

Many years ago I did a workshop with the ladies of the Tennant Creek branch of the Craft council. We had a visiting felt artist, Joy Manly, come and teach us. It was a lot of fun.
I really miss our little crafting group.
Being so isolated we had to inspire each other and take advantage of every opportunity to learn new skills.
We regularly met on a Wednesday night and chatted and crafted. Most of us worked on our own crafts. We had quilters, crocheters, lead lighters, potters, silk painters, most crafts really.
I miss you girls so much!
And as much as I was eager to leave Tennant, I really miss it and it will always be home.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Come home Tracy, come home..we can stitch and not bitch and have a lovely time...I miss u guys

Unknown said...

Tracy where did you get those awesome colours? I am off to check out the link, that looks really cool.

Kat said...

Mmmmmmm. . . . beads! Lovely work girls!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy, we miss you too. You can always come home, you know - we'll be here!!

Love,
Shelagh

Kelly Casanova said...

Gorgeous coloured wool. Nice to see you back in blogland :)