Monday, 24 August 2009

Weaving on The Ashford Knitters loom


I used the 7.5 DPI reed with this scraft
The warp is an acrylic from spotlight. I put two strands as each warp.
The weft is an 8ply acrylic and a feather type yarn worked together.


It took a couple of washes in the machine and a couple of turns in the dryer to get the feathers yarn to fluff up.

I had this sitting on my loom for a couple of months, but had to finish it as I wanted to weave my hand spun wool :)


A baby blanket I wove with my first handspun wool!
I made three strips of weaving and crocheted them together.
I added a crochet shell trim to the edge.


I used a commercial wool yarn in the warp as I didn't think my handspun was going to be strong enough to take the strain.
I used the 5 DPI Reed.


It's so soft! You wouldn't believe it was wool.

I can't wait to get another project onto my loom.
I'd like to get a double heddle kit next and play around with using two heddles.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

oh my gosh Tracy I have been wanting to try out one of the knitters looms for ages! I have an old table loom but no room to use and needs some reno'ing!! Do you love it? ooh not fair! LOL