I wanted something loose and comfortable, without a collar. And this is what I've come up with:
I wanted the sleeves less fitted, more like a kimono shirt.
I changed the sleeves and added seam allowances
The blue is an old pillowcase and the print a fat quarter from my quilt stash.
I used the print as a facing, which I turned to the right side of the garment.
This gives a really nice finish to the shirt.
I used snaps to fasten the shirt.
I used the print to face the back of the neck and the sleeves too.
I like the shirt.
I think it came up well.
The only thing I will change is the neck opening it's a little wide.
Although it's not falling off his shoulders it's not sitting as I imagined.
That's a pretty simply alteration to make.
Once I've made the next one and got the fit right on Michael, I'll draw up the pattern and put it on the blog.
1 comment:
Tracy he is getting soooo big! What happened to your little baby? When ever I se pictures of Michael I am reminded that my own Sami is getting big too as they are around the same age. Great shirt and for sure I am going to try this one as I need to make a heap of clothes for Sami. thanks
Post a Comment