Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Also known as ethic of reciprocity.
Is such a beautiful rule, common across many cultures and faiths.
But it does not go far enough, in my opinion.
I was listening to one of my favorite Christian Songs this afternoon.
Go Do Something Beautiful
By Graham Kendrick
I can never listen to this song without smiling.
It lifts my heart, even when I'm angry, disappointed or sad.
It reminds me that it's not just about,
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
It's also about asking yourself ..
"Would Jesus do that?"
So.....
Go do something beautiful,
In the name of Jesus,
Do something beautiful.
Go do something Jesus would -
Do something beautiful.
It's what we do, not what we say that makes us followers of Christ.
Also known as ethic of reciprocity.
Is such a beautiful rule, common across many cultures and faiths.
But it does not go far enough, in my opinion.
I was listening to one of my favorite Christian Songs this afternoon.
Go Do Something Beautiful
By Graham Kendrick
I can never listen to this song without smiling.
It lifts my heart, even when I'm angry, disappointed or sad.
It reminds me that it's not just about,
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
It's also about asking yourself ..
"Would Jesus do that?"
So.....
Go do something beautiful,
In the name of Jesus,
Do something beautiful.
Go do something Jesus would -
Do something beautiful.
It's what we do, not what we say that makes us followers of Christ.
4 comments:
Beautiful thoughts Tracy, thanks, even your post made me smile.
I couldn't agree more, thanks for sharing :)
I love Graham Kendrick but I do not know that song.
Must get out some of his CD's and listen.
Might check one of my music books.
I have at least one with all his songs.
Someone lent me a Gaither DVD I had not seen before of a group called the Isaacs whom I am just conscious of ...and they are visiting Norway....it is a lovely DVD...almost watched all of it the other night.
Post a Comment