Thursday, 11 June 2009

Little Sister Dress


I've been baby knitting.
I fell in love with this little dress a while ago and really wanted to knit it.
Lilly is too big and I don't think Michael would appreciate it.
With another baby on the way I thought I'd take a gamble on the sex and knit this anyway.
If I end up with a little boy I'll gift this to a baby girl.


The dress is The Little Sister Dress a free pattern by Tora Frøseth
I had a few issues following the pattern.
Wool: Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 4ply.
I had a few issues with the wool too.
I found it splitty to knit with.
It's a little hairy which makes the stitch definition uneven, blocking helped this considerable.
I embellished with three crochet flowers, stem stitched stems and lazy daisy leaves.
Needles: 3.5mm circular needle, this gave a slightly loose tension which I wanted to add a softer drape.


6 comments:

Sara said...

That is such a cute dress and I am sure some little girl will love it!

Unknown said...

Tracy that dress is divine! You are so talented, I hope your kids were lucky to get those genes. It is so very very pretty, gosh I wish I could knit but my attempts to date have been more than comical! LOL, oh well I will stick to my sewing for now.

Kimara said...

Too, too cute! I love the flowers and the style of the dress is just too sweet! Should I hope you have a little girl just so she can wear this lovely???

Kelly Casanova said...

What a lovely dress, the embellishment adds the perfect touch. Did you crochet the flowers yourself?

ozjane said...

Very cute and sweet. I do hope the recipient is the one closest to you right now.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Love the dress! Knitting is so lovely. No wonder you headed south ;) xox