Here in Australia we celebrate the Queens Birthday with a Public Holiday.
It always amuses me as in Britain they don't get a holiday.
Many in Australia believe it's time for Australia to ditch the Monarchy, but not me.
I like the tradition and don't think we need to prove we've grown up as a nation by ditching our Mother country.
Fern and I made Afternoon Tea to celebrate.

I didn't have time to bake a Victorian Sponge.
We had Scones with jam and Cream.
Tim Tam biscuits, because we are Australians after all!

Ribbon Sandwiches.
Even the kids tried them.
There was Smoked Salmon and Egg; Cheese, Ham and tomato;
Olive paste and Smoked Salmon; Prawn, Avocado and cream cheese; Ham and cream cheese; Cucumber and cream cheese and cheese and pickle.

Pete and I had tea from the little brown tea pot which was Peter's grandmothers.
The kids had Iced Tea.

I wore my 1914 Afternoon dress to celebrate.
It always amuses me as in Britain they don't get a holiday.
Many in Australia believe it's time for Australia to ditch the Monarchy, but not me.
I like the tradition and don't think we need to prove we've grown up as a nation by ditching our Mother country.
Fern and I made Afternoon Tea to celebrate.
I didn't have time to bake a Victorian Sponge.
We had Scones with jam and Cream.
Tim Tam biscuits, because we are Australians after all!
Ribbon Sandwiches.
Even the kids tried them.
There was Smoked Salmon and Egg; Cheese, Ham and tomato;
Olive paste and Smoked Salmon; Prawn, Avocado and cream cheese; Ham and cream cheese; Cucumber and cream cheese and cheese and pickle.
Pete and I had tea from the little brown tea pot which was Peter's grandmothers.
The kids had Iced Tea.
I wore my 1914 Afternoon dress to celebrate.
7 comments:
You guys looked like you had a ball and everything looked sooo delicious!
Tracy that's nothing short of awesome! You guys totally look as though you had fun and I thinks its just wonderful! What a fabbo tradition to start!!!
What a lovely afternoon, you old eccentric, you! Kids are having a ball!
What a great way to celebrate the queens birthday. I agree with you about the monarchy too. We voted against the republic when it went to referendum years ago.
What a great spread & new tradion Tracy.
We shared my b'day with the Queen yesterday and had a lovely time also. Josh loves the photos of the kids and said he really misses them.
Love from the Nguyens
There is only one word ... SENSATIONAL! The ol gal would be dead proud of ya Tracy and co.
yummmm you could have invited me..lol..hugs Khris
Post a Comment