Tuesday, 2 January 2007

Making a Nappy stacker



Layout plan for fabric. I used 120cm wide fabric and used 1.3m




I started by measuring where the nappy stacker is to hang.

















Then I drafted patterns for the top and base and worked out the cutting dimensions for the sides, fronts and back.












Cutting out. You need 1 of the base, two of the top in fabric and 1 in wadding (optional) 2 sides, 2 fronts, 1 back.










Sew the top together along the sides and top. Leave an opening in the top for the hook. Leave the bottom open.












Turn through. Put hanger into place and sew a seam under it to keep it in place.










Sew the sides, back and fronts together. Finish the edges of the fronts.





This is the body sewn together. I forgot to take a photo! This is where you sew the base to the body. Pin the base to the lower edge of the body. and carefully sew in. Watch the corners they are set in.






Fold the top of the body section. Fold the sides in half and fold them towards the centre of the back. Pin and baste the layers together
















Attach the top and body sections. Pin the body to one side of the top. Sew it in. Fold the back of the top over the stitching ans sew it down to close the top. If you get puckers like I did, hide them with some ribbon or lace.













Make a cover for your base. I used an old piece of cradboard. i only sewed the base cover on three sides so it's easy to remove the cardboard if I ever need to wash the cover or replace the cardboard.






And Your done! I've loaded mine up already. Only took an hour to make and made out of calico it's cheap!

2 comments:

Sue said...

This girls ideas just go on and on.Dont stop. I love all the ideas

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone!

I have been looking to figure out a place to start with the Acai free trial and was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on whether or not the stuff works for dieting? So far here's the 1 [url=http://www.hot97svg.com/profiles/blogs/how-to-gain-acai-berry-free]article[/url] I have been able to come across that seemed real for what my goals are. Opinions?