I finished the shorties this morning. I'm going to knit another pair before I publish the pattern. On putting them together I found they needed a gusset. I've knitted one and sewn it in to this pair. I'd like to experiment with the gusset a little more before publishing the pattern. I'll have to wait now until the wool from Dyelicous gets here. The shorties take around 130gms to make. I don't have enough on hand.
Crochet Soakers
While I wait for my wool I'm going to design and write the pattern for a crochet soaker. I really enjoy crocheting, I love the textures you can achieve. I'm a huge admirer of Prudence Mapstones work. I was once on a freeform Yahoo group with Prudence. She is a wonderfully generous artist. I also was very privleged to see her work in Tennant Creek in a travelling exhibition called "Hooked", it was brought to Tennant Creek by Artback. It was the first time I saw crochet, knitting and textiles as works of art, not just something done by women to decorate their home. The internet has also been a catalyst of my growth in many areas of my life. It has opened my mind and eyes, to what is out there.
2 comments:
Miss Lilly makes an adorable model.. It is time to send her to me so I can use her now. I will ring you tonight with the delivery address for her. lol...I dont know how you jam everything into your day...love to Lilly, Liam, James, Rosie, Fern and yourself and Pete
Oh wow the shorties look awesome. I really wanna try your pattern when you publish it. They look perfect!!! :D
Post a Comment