
We finally got around to putting up the new IKEA storage units we bought months ago. When I say we, I mean my friend Wendy put up four and Pete put up one. Wendy made the mistake of telling me she liked putting IKEA together! I wasn't going to let the opportunity go by.
We sorted through the book cases and did a big throw out. I'm so not good at letting go of books. It needed to be done as the "good" stuff never gets read because we can't find it.
We sorted through the book cases and did a big throw out. I'm so not good at letting go of books. It needed to be done as the "good" stuff never gets read because we can't find it.

There are still a lot of toys to weed out. We have to wait for school to go back before we throw a pile more out. The kids did agree to some being thrown away but not enough. I pointed out they can't have any new toys until they have room for them. They really don't play with their toys because they can't find them! I think kids get way too much these days. And with six kids comes six lots of toys. We had so many baby toys, every baby born gets more baby toys.


8 comments:
I just put some together for Flynn and OMG don't think I could put all that many together, your friend deserves a medal
I love putting IKEAthings together too!! It's so much fun!
You did a great job of getting organized. Everything looks very neat :-)
My kids don't have a lot of toys...they have plenty, but not huge piles everywhere. LOL! Our apartment is not very big, so we need to minimize ;-)
OMG I can only imagine how many toys you would have! We are bad enough here with just the 2 and a bit kids. And really the only thing that gets 'played' with these days seems to be Lego!
you go wendy..it looks great.
Gosh, what a fabulous space!
What a great clean up. I'd kill to have a room that size but you are nicer than me cause I wouldn't share!
Wow Tracy that is one hell of a room!! I know what you mean about the toys... the boys had enough to fill a HUGE master bedroom and half a dining room, one wall in the lounge and some in their room... We eventually had to get rid of more than half (some to dads, some to vinnies the rest in the rubbish) cos I moved here to this 2br unit and there was no room ... now we have a rule, when we get a new toy we give one away to either vinnies or family if it is good enough. Oh... and I stopped buying toys every week lol
I would kill for Ikea! We don't have one here and they don't post to Tassie... idiots!
Fantastic room! I love those ikea shelves - Oscar has two of the stepped ones in his bedroom. They are amazing - so easy to pack stuff up.
Post a Comment