Tuesday, 7 October 2008

My Best four legged Friend is sick


Toohey is not well at all. That lump you can see under her head is a HUGE abcess. She's been the vet and had it opened, had a couple of shots of antibiotics and now is home to fight the infection. I'm so scared we will loose her. It's times like this I realise how important she really is to our family. The sheep ( Dorothy - she eats roses) is outside baaing for her friend. The kids keep asking, "is she going to die?"

She's my confidant, my well behaved child and the children's nanny. The thought of losing her has me in tears.

8 comments:

naomi said...

oh, I hope she gets better really quick for you Tracy. The abcess looks so nasty...poor pup.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby - she looks so miserable - and I know how you must feel, Tracy. Love to you all

Anonymous said...

Praying for that furry best friend, that He who so wonderfully made her will have mercy on her now and heal up that nasty abcess.
Hugs and purrs from Moggie & I

fi said...

oh sweetheart, i'm so soory,We have a poorly old timer here too.It breaks my heart, fingers crossed, love fi

Gill - That British Woman said...

oh I hope she gets well soon. Could they not drain the abcess?

Gill in Canada

Rachael said...

Oh ((hugs)) to you and Toohey.

It only just occurred to me the other day that our cat and dog won't live forever :(. Very easy to take for granted sometimes our dear fourlegged family members.

Missy said...

I hope she gets better soon hun. xox

Sue said...

Poor Toohey, she looks so miserable. She certainly is a gorgeous girl and has caused so much love and happiness. Hope she feels better soon.