Pattern: FARBENMIX "ANNA" Wrap Dress
Made for: Lilly
Size made: 98/104
Fabric: Navy Drill
Embellishments: Iron on Enbroidery Motifs, Daisy chain and Ric Rac
Time Taken: 3 hours 30 minutes
Lilly is pretty happy with it.
I bought the Iron on Motifs from Spotlight when they were on sale.
The girls choose them and I've finally found the prefect design to use them on.
I bought the pattern from Crafty Mamas here in Australia.
The instructions were a little light on but there is an online tutorial which is very helpful.
The fabulous ladies at Crafty Mamas Forum finally got me to sew this wonderful pattern by holding a sew-a-long.
I think I'm the first to finish!
Fern helped by pressing the garment as I sewed and finding the embellishments, which were shoved into a drawer.
I read that the Anna can shift a little so it was a good idea to add a loop of ribbon to thread the ties though to help the dress stay in place. I did this to the back and also the lining of the front.
This is really a very clever design, there are no side seams to sew.
The dress is two aprons which wrap around each other. and tie under the front and at the back.
It took me just over 3 hours to sew, that included tracing the pattern out.
The next one will be faster as I know what I'm doing now!
Rose and Fern also want one.
But now I better go cook the tribe some dinner.
I've been sewing all day and it's now 6 pm.
Oh and how do I get time to sew with 6 kids?
I have a shed and if you look at the photos of Lilly you can see how the kids have occupied themselves as I have sewn! Lot's of cleaning up needs to be done.
3 comments:
Stunning Tracy - i just adore it - well done !
Looks great - no wonder she loves it!
Thank you thank you thank you! I just bought the pattern, and read the online walk thru and i still didn't get it-now you've expalined its two aprons I finally understand-thank you so much!
Post a Comment