
My second skein of hand spun yarn
A little more even than number one.
Still lots of overspin, underspin and very uneven drafting.
But I'm still in love with the whole procedure of spinning wool.

When on my retreat in Victoria I visited the Bendigo Woollen Mills famous Back room and picked up 500gms of Readyspin.

This is about 350gms of it that is left to spin.

All spun up, twist set, some sever maltreatment had to be administered to fix some of the excessive twist.

But look, it's really starting to look like an even yarn.
Not really 100% there yet but I think I'm starting to get the drafting part.
Now I need to learn more about spin and wheel ratios I think.
Lots more reading, learning and spinning coming up!
4 comments:
It's super addictive, isn't it? :)
I am exhausted just reading the blog. But it looks fabulous.
Tracy there is something so rustic and lovely about home spun yarn, I hope one day you will put on your lovely costume again and take a picture that would look fab. great colours too.
Oh great job!
How do you decide whether you want to sew, knit, spin or blog? I barely have time for one, but I'm eager to get a wheel and a sewing machine!
Post a Comment