The girls and I took a trip to visit Nanny and the cinemas in Adelaide. The boys stayed home with dad. Pete and I find it easier to take half the family each when we go on outings to places like the cinemas. That way Michael who couldn't sit through a movie can stay home, it's also easier to keep your eye on 3 children rather than 6, especially in busy shopping centers.
The girls had a great time being spoiled by nanny and they loved the movie Ice Age 3.
I finally made a visit to the Walking Wheel Studio. An amazing shop and studio which specialises in spinning and weaving supplies. Bella spent a long time explaining to me the basics of spinning. I bought a secondhand spinning wheel, an Ashford Traditional. Bella is really lovely and it was really nice to have her help. I drooled over the weaving looms and the handspun yarns but resisted. I did buy a niddy noddy, spindle and the Ashford Book of Spinning.
I couldn't wait to get Michael into bed last night. I can't spin when he's around he likes to try and catch the wheel. Armed with the Ashford book, the new wheel and beautiful tops from Suzannes House of Wool. I got spinning last night.
It's not the neatest yarn. It has lots of thin parts and lots of thick parts, it's overspun in spots and underspun in others. I half filled two spools and then plyed them together. Then did it again for a total of two skeins of completed yarn. My first novelty yarn.
7 comments:
Oooh I think the wool looks awesome!
That's going to knit up very nicely!
Glad that you had a graet trip down; always great to see you and lovely to meet the girls. Your yarn looks fantastic!
Tracy what gorgeous colours! I have no idea about spinning so I am trying to figure out what you do LOL. but what ever it is I think that is a great result.
I'm not the only one with the spinning bug it seems LOL
well done
and I meant to say ... I vote cute funky hat for one of the kidlets
i cant wait to see what you make with it!!! id love to learn to spin, my MIL is going to get some alpaca's & maybe a spinning wheel so ill have to have a go on hers!!!
Ha ha to me.....I sent the link to The Cat's Mum before I read the comments and she beat me here.
I keep telling myself I did all this wool stuff when I was young..
I am over it.
I AM over it.
I will not be tempted.
Post a Comment