Friday, 17 July 2009

Lucet braid


I was reading a Rav forum and came across a post from Rosie about Lucet braid.
I'd never heard of this before. I found one on ebay The technique is easy to learn. The braid works up quickly. I make ties for my longies and I prefer an icord as it looks nice and neat, the lucet makes a similar cord much quicker.

5 comments:

Egater said...

In Estonia we caal it kaaruspael and we use it on south-estonian folkcostumes
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/verca_2006/IMG_0762.jpg

Egater said...

these pictures too :)
http://www.muuseum.viljandimaa.ee/?op=body&id=73&prn=1

Tracy said...

Thank you for the links Egater :D Amazing workmanship in those costumes, they must of taken months to make.

Rosie said...

After knitting some I-cord for ties on a top I'd knitted for one of my daughters, I discovered it was something I wasn't fond of doing.

Glad you found the You Tube video link handy.

Birdsong said...

Great example! I just got a lucet at last weekend's Celtic Festival and am getting the hang of it and now trying to decide what to make cord for. Replacing I-cord will be a good choice!