Saturday, 25 July 2009

Joy


The simple joy of chocolate cake mix.
He's such a cheeky little imp.
Full of smiles and mischief.

When do we grow up and forget the simple joys in life?
When was the last time you just smiled and laughed just because you're alive?

When do we unlearn the simple truth of life?
That it's a beautiful gift to be rejoiced in every moment.

The only time we really have is the present.
And it really is a present.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks ;-) I needed that.

Unknown said...

Thanks ;-) I needed that.

Karen said...

It's so true Tracey. Sometimes I see my girls rejoicing in the simplest of things and am reminded not to worry that their hair is not brshed or that the floors need sweeping but to join with them and live a bit.
Now when they say 'dance with me Mama" I always do.

Karen said...

That gorgeous smile made me smile...so thank you for posting such a wonderful picture and post :)

Denise in PA said...

What a wonderfully inspiring post! Michael's chocolate smile says it all!

Kelly Casanova said...

Great post Tracy, lets try to remember how true this is.

ozjane said...

That is one joyful cheeky imp....take it from an old prep teacher......I can still see the personality at that age.....it is such a joy. I used to get them at 4.5yrs back in the good days and they were so precious and outshone by far those who start at a later age today.
I can hear him giggle as I read a funny story.