Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Crochet Shawl - it took two generations to make for the third


My mum started this shawl.
She started it while I was pregnant with Michael.
After he was born she handed it to me to finish.
It sat in my bag for almost 2 years!
Now with baby number 7 due I have a reason to finish it.


All done!
The pattern ended up being modified because I made a mistake and didn't want to rip back and fix the mistake, so I just changed the pattern!
Now it's no longer a mistake but a design feature.
The pattern came from a Leisure Arts Publication Baby Layettes and Afghans

5 comments:

Tas said...

That is just lovely Tracy. How nice for it to be from you and your mum. An heirloom for no 7 to treasure.

Nima said...

wow...beautiful shawl...

Gilly said...

beautiful Tracy!

Unknown said...

that is really nice Tracy and a lovely story to pass down.

willow and moo said...

Gorgeous!