

A good friend Bronnie showed me how to make these a few years ago now. I haven't made any for a while. They are great. They make nice bouncy balls. They protect the balloon a little from being popped and if it is popped the bits are safe inside so baby can't swallow them.
I made a fabric ball a little bigger than the previous two. At one end I added a felt circle with a slot cut into it, by hand applique. I cut into the fabric in the slot and added some PVC glue to stop the ends fraying. Let it dry.
I had to search the house for a balloon. They don't last long in this house! I popped the balloon into the slot I had cut and blew it up. when you've tied your balloon up just tuck the knot into the slot too. And away you bounce!
My ball isn't as smooth as it could be. I'll have to play with my template a little to get the shape perfect.
3 comments:
thats an ace idea!
im going to have to copy that one. The kids love baloons and the bits are not safe for mouths.
thank you!
what a fantastic idea! pity I can't sew :( LOL
Do you have a template that you will share? I love this!!!!
Post a Comment