Tuesday, 29 April 2008

Longies - developing my crochet recipe

I've been busy crocheting in the last two weeks. These three pairs were made as swaps. I got nappies, winter clothes for Michael and a smock for Lilly. :) I was delighted with what I received and in my delight forgot to take photos and the goodies are now stashed in the kids chest of drawers.



This is the first time I've added a knitted waistband. I'm please with the result. I also put shaping into the legs. They narrow towards the ankle. In this pair there were three decrease rows added in the leg. I added the waist band and cuffs in a contrast because I ran out of the "choc blueberry" wool.


This pair has a knitted waistband, flower appliques and a lace cuff. Crochet takes a lot more wool than knitting. This makes for a very thirst nappy cover, great for nights. I changed the way I added the short rows in these. I'm keeping that part a secret ;) These also have tapered legs but only one decrease row.

In this pair I've worked the crotch like I would a gusset in my knit longies. I'm really please with the result. I also added a knit waistband and used my "secret" short row method. These also have a shell cuff and tapered legs with two rows of decreasing.

I hope they fit their new owners! The "fit" is just as important as the "look".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh Tracy, I love these longies. Running out of the choc blueberry means you now have a lovely contrast. Love the frilly pink ones. Hurry up with the recipe and sell it so longie fanatics can have a go and delve into more short row mysteries and things. All my longies are knitted - but these are seriously tempting me. Funny thing is I have been knitting longies these past two weeks at full steam - but considering everything else not really "funny" strange, but normal!

Carolyn said...

How lucky is the person who these are for :D