Sunday, 13 December 2009

John Wayne has left the building...


The John Wayne quilt went off to it's new home today.
I'm not a country type of Girl so this isn't my taste in fabrics or themes for a quilt.
It's HUGE Pete and Pa are standing on chairs behind the quilt to hang it for the photo.
The reciever was very happy with their new quilt.

Sometimes we need to make things that aren't to our taste but suit the person we are giving it too.


Peter did the scanning and printing onto the fabric of the photos.
He's a whiz at photoshop, very handy to have around.
I've made two queen sized quilts in the last month.
And I'm really over quilting.
I'm now making a public vow never to make another queen sized quilt as long as I live!
They are just too big to go through a domestic machine in comfort and being 9 months pregnant didn't add to the joy of the experience!
I ended up tying this quilt and just quilting around the photo blocks.
My shoulders and neck are paying the price.
I can't show you the other as the person who is getting it reads the blog ;) so It will stay hidden until xmas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ouch Tracy I can feel you pain. Seriously did you get down on all fours to pin this??? Bub must have been enjoying the motion LOL.

I bet your JW lover will treasure it for ever.

ozjane said...

I pay a long armer once they get to that size.....
I know it is money...but so is paying to get your body fixed.
I also cope better with making quilts for others if I say they have to at least pay for the quilting.
My latest one is waiting to be quilted.

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Okay - that is one really cool quilt. Love it!!!!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com