Snake Pattern Weights

Very handy for holding down a pattern and fabric while cutting out curves.
Very handy for holding down a pattern and fabric while cutting out curves.
Requirements
fabric scraps at least 4.5 inches wide can be a variety of lengths.
rotary cutter, mat and rulers make the cutting easy
sewing machine a threads
An iron.
fabric scraps at least 4.5 inches wide can be a variety of lengths.
rotary cutter, mat and rulers make the cutting easy
sewing machine a threads
An iron.
Hot dog fold. That is to fold the two long sides to meet.
Stitch along the long side and one end.
Turn the tube to the right side.
I use my dressmakers scissors to help, by pushing the point into the end seam and rolling the tube onto the shaft of the blades.
5 comments:
Watch out she's on a roll!
I need to make some of these. They're so perfect for scraps. I have some large metal washers that I use as weights, but something like this would definitely be better on the curves.
Thank you for coming by and visiting my blog. I saw you are following me... thank you.... please visit often. I just wanted to say you have lots of wonderful ideas of things to make thank you for sharing them with us all :)
M
Tracy I was just thinking the other day of going out and getting some small smooth river rocks for the kids to pain so I could use them as weights BUT i was thinking about the curves - how can you read my mind from across the ocean? THANKS! I would never have thought of this solution.
what was that pun about being on a roll?????
They are cute and would be a great third hand...or in place of grab what I can.
What a good idea Tracy, must make some. Thanks!
Sandy
Post a Comment