Spun from English Leicester locks dyed by Jane of Moseley Park.
The colourway is Jacaranda Festival
I used my new wool combs to process the locks into sliver.
I really love spinning from combed fleece but there's a lot of fiber wasted.
I put the remains of the locks through my cards and spun it up too.
This really is the colour and shimmer of this yarn!
It's Romney once more dyed locks from Jane,
I think this will make the prettiest girly pair of socks for me.
And this is the Natural Fibre club installment for October.
It's Corridale, it came in three braids of naturally coloured fleece.
I spun each as a single then plied them together.
When I ran out of the grey I plied the remaining taupe and brown together.
And when I ran out of the taupe I Andean plied the brown.
I like the fiber clubs it gives me the chance to try my hand at spinning with different types of fiber and preparations.
All of them have increased my skills as a spinner.
I need to start using some of this yarn I'm spinning.
Peter observed, maybe I should start planning my spinning and have a project in mind.
That's a little too organised for me.
I just like spinning!
Do you plan your spinning?
1 comment:
They look so nice and squishy :)
Post a Comment