This first dress is made by lengthening the side seam.
Simply use a ruler to extend the side seam of the top to the desired length.
Then using the base of the original pattern as a template cut a new hem line.
Then continue on with the instructions as in the original pattern
How easy is that!
I made this in less than an hour with op-shop fabrics and left over yo-yos.
This version is made by cutting the Sun Top shorter and adding a skirt.
I measured 7 cms down from the underarm and cut the top to that line.
Then I cut two skirt pieces 55cm wide by 25cm long.
I pleated the skirt piece to the top and then finished the construction as in the original pattern
There are lots of options here too.
You could gather the skirt to the top instead of pleating.
Add a few smaller pleats like I did on the popover top
A simple fabric rosette and a button add a little flare.
A tutorial for Rosettes is HERE
4 comments:
Hi Tracy
You are so so talented. Love these fabrics, they really enhance the look of your dresses and on your georgeous girl too.
Love from the Nguyens
So cute, Heather looks gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing! I love the dress.
The pattern is so simple. Thanks so much for sharing. Marsha
Post a Comment